DR. IRENA YASHIN-SHAWPhD. MEd. BA. ATCL. Dip Teach.
Dr. Irena Yashin-Shaw is an educator, academic, author and entrepreneur.
Her current roles include:
- Founder and Board Chairman of the Global Intrapreneurs Institute,
- Editor–in-Chief of Intrapreneur Magazine
- Organiser of the Australian Intrapreneurs Summit, a national conference spearheading the intrapreneurialism movement in Australia
- Advisory Board Member Department of Business Strategy and Innovation Griffith University Australia
- Visiting Global Professor at The Ohio State University College of Nursing. USA.
With numerous publications to her name, her most recent books are INTRAPRENEUR: How leaders ignite innovation, break bureaucracy and catalyse change and Leading in the Innovation Age: Unleash knowledge, talent and experience to create an innovative workplace.
With a PhD in creative problem-solving and a Masters in Adult Education, Dr. Irena Yashin-Shaw brings a combination of deep, academic knowledge, real-world entrepreneurial experience and skilled education practice to her work – which is to liberate and harness underutilised talent within workplaces.
Prior to starting her own company, she was on the education faculty at Griffith University where she taught in a range of undergraduate and masters level programs while also serving as Senior Research Fellow on a number of strategic improvement initiatives at the university. For the last fifteen years she has been designing and delivering innovation, leadership, creativity and intrapreneurialism programs for organisations, businesses and government agencies in Australia and around the world.